Visit us at the Open Repositories 2010 Conference in Madrid (July 6. – 9.)!
- Presentation: „PubMan – one Repository with multiple Usage und Re-Use Possibilities“ Juliane Müller (General Session 2, Tues. 6, 14:00-15:30)
- Poster Session: „The eSciDoc Infrastructure Services and Developments at the Max Planck Digital Library“ Natasa Bulatovic and Friederike Kleinfercher (Tues. 6, 18:30 – 20:00)
- Bird-of-Feather Session: „Reusing and Extending eSciDoc for your e-Research Projects“ at Wed. 7th.
We are looking forward to see you!
Currently the MPDL staff is heavily working on a new Release of PubMan (Version 6.1). The implementation of new features and the fixing of bugs detected by our users is now finished and we can go into the QA phase. In this phase the PubMan solution will be heavily tested and further bugs will be fixed.
Therefore we approached the final phase of the release cycle and you can experience the outcome of our efforts soon.
For the curious ones, here are some examples what you can expect in the next PubMan version:
– New ‚Browse‚ functionality (Browse by person, subject and year)
– Rework of our citation management (in close cooperation with pilot institutes)
– New functionality, ‚Rollback item version‘
– user enabled CoNE service
We will keep you up to date on the current PubMan activities in the MPDL!
A happy new year to all our PubMan users!
And the new year has already some good news in store:
By the end of 2009 we were able to complete the migration of our second institute – a warm welcome to the MPI for Gravitational Physics! The migration process was characterized by a close collaboration: The institute has been working consistently on their data so that the migration team of the MPDL was finally able to migrate more than 2300 datasets (a lot of them with fulltexts or supplementary material) from eDoc to PubMan. As of January the institute will begin with the submission of new publications of the ongoing year.
Looking ahead the next migration candidates are already in preparation for the productive use of PubMan. So we look forward to having a lively and successful cooperation with all interested institutes and wish you a good start into the new year!