PubMan gives several possibilities to submit publications to PubMan. In the following two easy submission methods are being explained.
Easy manual submission
Please change into the full screen mode or use this link: http://colab.mpdl.mpg.de/mediawiki/images/8/8a/Esam_start.swf
Import/Fetch from Source
Please change into the full screen mode or use this link: http://colab.mpdl.mpg.de/mediawiki/images/c/c4/Esam_import.swf
PubMan tries to support all commonly used browsers. A detailed list of supported browsers can be found in CoLab.
There are some things one should be aware of when using PubMan and also Browsers…
PubMan and Browsers weiterlesen
MPI for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Leipzig, 16th of February 2009
Here you can find the agenda of the PubMan Days 2008. All shown presentations are linked there.
The PubMan Days in autumn 2008 were a great success. Thus in 2009 there are planned two further big PubMan Meetings. With the kind support of Marion Schmidt, the first Pubman Days 2009 should take place at the MPI CBS in Leipzig. It was again a large get-together of people all dealing in a more or less intensive way with PubMan. Marion Schmidt, head of the library of the MPI CBS, wrote a report about the PubMan Days in Leipzig. We say thank you for the report and for organizing the first Pubman Days in 2009 at your institute!
PubMan Days 2009 weiterlesen
We are happy to announce release 4.1. of PubMan.
New main features:
- complete redesign of the user interface
(see blog entry PubMan Days 2008)
- Support for a genre-type specific submission mask
- simple copy&paste of authors and affiliations
- own service for creation and management of controlled entities
(persons, journal names, languages), incl. autosuggest in
- Integration of DDC as autosuggest for subjects in the submission mask
- Visualisation of statistics
- improved list views (table view)
- improved workspaces (My items, QA Workspace)
- Basket function (for a user session)
- Provision of „local tags“ per item, for better re-use on websites
- Researcher Portfolio
- Extension of fetch Metadata (arXiv, PubMed Central, eSciDoc)
- Support for import of BibTex
- new citation style AJP
- re-worked APA
- improved advanced search
- first migration from eDoc to PubMan
(data from MPI Psycholinguistics)
- Introduction of eSciDoc interface components
- no „page jumps“ anylonger
Enjoy testing on demo server!
Please change into the full screen mode or use this link: http://colab.mpdl.mpg.de/mediawiki/images/5/53/Nek_test_PubMan.swf
Berlin, 5th and 6th November 2008
Here you can find the agenda of PubMan Days 2008.
Summary of the two days:
PubMan Days 2008 weiterlesen
Today we have published a new version of PubMan on the live server and the demo server. The new version contains bug fixes and a new feature for the search and export service (formerly known as search and output service).
… more about the new feature for the search and export service
it is now possible to give a sort key in the search in output service, so that the exported items are sorted e.g. by date. A list of the sort keys can be found here.
And here an example on how to use the sort key.
As very first entry of the PubMan news blog I would like to announce the R3.8 of PubMan, which will be available from 5. November 2008 (Start of the PubMan Days) on.
Highlights of the release:
- BibTeX Export
- fetch metadata and full text from arXiv
- copy and paste authors
- single item export
- export from workspace
PubMan R3.8 weiterlesen